INNOVATIVE MATERIAL FOR THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Our polymers are specially formulated and innovative high quality polymer resin based on widely known Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVOH) which is produced in a pellet form and ready to use in a thermoplastic process and can be run on conventional plastic extruders.
Materials developed are functional and highly versatile that can be used in application as single material or in combination with other material that make all of the packaging recoverable and recyclable which also have excellent environmental credentials and are food safe.
Hydropol™ is well established to be completely ocean safe. Also hydrophilic – does not attract harmful toxins in the ocean. Breaks down to harmless particles which bioassimilate.
Hydropol™ is suitable for blown film extrusion for use as a single barrier layer, Multi-layer, metallisation, laminating on to paperboard or co-extruding with polyethylene (PE) or other traditional plastics and other biopolymers (PLA, cellulose). It can also be blended with other bio polymers.
Hydropol™ also has potential in injection moulding and thermoforming.
- High bi-axial strength and puncture resistance. Hydropol™ is 3 times stronger than polyethene film or any bio plastic film of same thickness
- Solvent and petrochemical resistance
- Oxygen barrier (equivalent to EVOH)
- Crystal clear film with excellent anti-static properties
- Water soluble at temperatures. Warm water from 10°C onwards and Hot water from 70°C
- Capable of significantly extending the shelf life of certain foods due to its hydrophilic nature. High Water Vapour Transmission Rates (WVTR)
- Capable of being printed on directly, excluding the need for ‘corona’ treatment and good for heat sealing
- Laminates or co-extrudes naturally with other polymers reducing need for multi-layer films and tie-layers
- 100% biodegradable, compostable and recyclable
- Hydropol™ is designed to naturally dissipate electrostatic energy
- Hydropol™ is naturally resistant to UV light
© 2020 Copyright Vibha Ecopac Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved.